At Empire Glass we collect a small amount of data from customers and people (referred to as 'Data Subjects' in this document) who have demonstrated a legitimate interest in our products and service and who have shown an intent to purchase or find out more information about what Empire Glass provides as a business.
We take your privacy seriously and will only use your information lawfully to keep you informed, process your order, manage your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We don't ever share your personal data with third parties for financial gain or otherwise.
These data subjects are defined as:
- Existing customers across all our markets
- Prospective customers across all our markets
- Past customers across all our markets
- End users who have signed up to our newsletter via the website, who we have met at exhibitions and events, or who have entered specific competitions or expressed interest in Empire Glass
- Key influencers who have expressed interest in our products or service, similar to our end users
- Current employees who need to be kept informed about Empire Glass’s external marketing
- Former employees who have expressed interest in keeping informed about Empire Glass
- Media contacts
- Sponsorship, partnership and trade association contacts
Collecting the following data enables Empire Glass to administrate sales contracts with customers, in addition to keeping all ‘data subjects’ informed of the news and developments taking place at the company through targeted and relevant marketing communications.
Our communications are time-sensitive and we ensure that our product news & special offer mailshots are occasional (approximately once per month) and not over-whelming.
What data do we collect and store for e-marketing purposes for all data subjects?
We collect the following:
- First name and surname
- Company name (if applicable)
- Email address
You have the right to opt in to receive our marketing communications, and you will have exercised this right by signing up to our newsletter, requesting information or entering into a business sales contract with Empire Glass.
What data do we collect and store for business contract purposes e.g. customers, prospective customers and suppliers?
- First name and surname
- Company name
- Company status
- VAT number
- Registered office number
- Email address
- Registered business address or (if a sole trader) a proprietor’s home address
- Telephone numbers, fax numbers and mobile numbers
- Credit requirements and limit if applicable
- Payment terms requirement
For our customers: We do not hold bank and payment details anywhere on record. If payment details are taken, e.g. credit card payments, these are administrated using our secure card payment system immediately without the need for logging the details anywhere.
For our suppliers: In addition to the above information we hold bank and payment details. These are held securely with accounting and banking systems, with access strictly limited to relevant accounts payable staff only.
In order to fulfil our obligations when engaging in a business transaction, we require the above details, and by entering into a business contract with us, you have shown legitimate interest in receiving our communications. If at any point, you do not want to receive our communications, please get in touch using the details stated further down on this page.
Where do we store your data?
We store the above data for all 'data subjects' within our secure cloud-hosted server environment protected with antivirus and firewall software systems in the following databases:
- Secure password protected email system (Office365)
- Secure password protected website content management system (BarkWeb)
- Secure password protected email software system (BarkWeb)
How do we use your data?
Unless you ask us not to, we use the above data to send out monthly and quarterly news and product development updates to enable you as one of our valued stakeholders to be kept informed about the news, events, projects, partnerships and product developments that take place regularly at Empire Glass.
We are the sole owners of the information collected. Only Empire Glass staff have access to information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact with you. We will not sell or rent this information to any third parties. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organisation, other than as necessary to fulfil your request.
How long do we store your data?
We will store your data for marketing purposes until you inform us that you no longer want us to be contacting you in this way.
- If you are an existing customer, yet do not want to receive Empire Glass’s marketing emails, please contact us using the details shown at the end of this document.
- If you are an existing customer, we will store your Sales Account data until you ask us to erase your data records on file.
- Business transaction data is held for statutory minimum terms.
What are your rights?
You can unsubscribe to any of Empire Glass’s email marketing mailshots at any time by either contacting the main point of contact (as shown below) or by clicking the opt out / unsubscribe button on the email marketing mailshots you receive. The unsubscribe button will usually be located at the header or footer of the mailshot.
All data subjects have the right to be erased from Empire Glass’s databases, unless minimum statutory data retention regulations state otherwise.
In accordance with the GDPR, you will be entitled to request from us:
- The personally identifiable information that we have collected from you, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- The choices that are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold.
Who is the main point of contact regarding the use and storage of data?
For all data queries in relation to marketing, please contact